If you like corn chowder, I know you’ll love this version. You can put it in the crock-pot in the morning and it’s ready for you at the end of the work-day! It makes a perfect weeknight family meal and is even good enough for company. This Crock-Pot Chicken Corn Chowder is so flavorful especially with some crispy bacon on top!
Save Time With This Easy Morning Prep
To make Crock-Pot Chicken Corn Chowder, place your chicken breasts in the crock-pot. They can be frozen or thawed, which is something I love! Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and chicken seasoning. Add in the onion, garlic, green chilies, frozen corn, some chopped carrots, and potatoes. Add the chicken broth. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
When the cooking time is done, take the chicken out of the pot and chunk it up on a plate. Add in your cream and flour to thicken the soup and place the chicken back into the pot. Give it a gentle stir and turn on high to thicken the soup.
While the soup is heating back up, you can cook your bacon. This is also a good time to grate some cheese and chop some green onion or cilantro. When thick and creamy, top with cheese, bacon, and anything more you want. Biscuits make a great addition to this meal! Need more meal planning help? Read my 7 Steps To Money Saving Meal Plans.
Want This As A Freezer Meal?
Freezer meals are becoming a huge thing. Check out my Pinterest Board for more meal ideas. I love doing these. I’ve found they save both time and money! My family has enjoyed all of the meals I’ve made also! Read about My 4 Secrets For Easy https://bringingjoyhome.com/my-4-secrets-to-easy-freezer-meals/Freezer Meals when planning your next batch. Then head over to My Life-Changing Freezer Meals, and print the lists!
Crock-Pot Chicken Corn Chowder makes an amazing freezer meal! Instead of putting everything into the crock-pot, place your ingredients in a freezer bag. Leave the broth out until cooking day though. This will reduce accidental leakage or spills and is unnecessary to freeze.
Layer The Chicken Corn Chowder
When putting this together as a freezer meal, place your potatoes on the bottom of the bag! I totally spaced this step last time I made freezer meals and ended up with discolored potatoes. Don’t do what I did! Place them on the bottom with some broth to cover, or add them in when you start the crock-pot.
Crock-Pot Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 Chicken Breasts Frozen or Thawed
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Carrots Chopped
- 5 medium Potatoes(Yellow Gold) Cubed 1″
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 1 7oz Can Diced Green Chiles
- 2 tsp Garlic Chopped
- 6-8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Half n Half
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Toppings At Serving Time
- 1/2 Lb Bacon
- 2 Cups Cheddar Grated
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion Chopped
- Toss all ingredients and spices, accept Cream, Flour and toppings, into your crock-pot. pour chicken stock over top and cook on low 6-8 hrs. When cooking time is done, remove chicken and bay leaf. Toss leaf, and chunk up chicken.
- Whisk flour into milk until smooth and add to soup. Return Chicken to the pot, and stir gently. Heat on high with lid on until thickened. While the soup is re-heating, crisp the bacon, grate cheese, and chop onions and cilantro.
- When serving, top with bacon cheese, and anything desired. Sour Cream is another great topping. Biscuits are delicious with this soup